Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc is pleased to offer for sale the US Renal Care dialysis clinic (the “Property” or the “USRC Space”). The USRC Space is located in downtown Logan and comprises a condominium interest in Suites 100 and 110 of the four suites (Suites 100, 110, 120, and 130), giving the owner a 70.67% pro rata share of the entire building. Comprising ±10,601 square feet of high-end medical office space located at 480 North 100 East, the Property was a strategic renovation-to-suit in 2022 for the majority condominium tenant, US Renal Care (“USRC” or “Tenant”). USRC is the fastest growing operator in the dialysis industry and the world’s third largest provider of dialysis products and services. The remaining third of the ground level and the entire basement level (Suites 120 and 130) will be occupied by Cache Theatre Company, a performing arts organization, on a five-year lease by the first quarter of 2023.
The Property is near the intersection of East 400 North and North Main Street (62,400+ vehicles per day) and strategically proximate to the Intermountain Logan Regional Hospital, a 148-bed healthcare facility serving four local counties and approximately 150,000 residents, as well as Utah State University’s 28,000 enrolled students. The hospital has recently implemented expansion plans, including a cancer center, ambulatory surgical center, and patient tower – signaling an increasing need for medical services in the region. Located within downtown Logan, the Property sits on a dense government and commercial corridor, with notable retailers surrounding the Property such as: Macey’s, Smith’s, Dollar Tree, Ross Dress for Less, Subway, In-n-Out Burger, Sherman Williams, 7-Eleven, and Walmart. The clinic also benefits from favorable nearby demographics with over 91,000 residents within a 5-mile radius of the Property, and a population in the area expected to grow over the coming 5-years (per Esri).
Investors have the exceptional opportunity to invest in a recession-resistant medical office asset in a high-growth market, supported by 1.7% annual base rent escalators and minimal landlord responsibilities.
RECESSION AND INTERNET-RESISTANT INDUSTRY WITH POSITIVE OUTLOOK
- Dialysis facilities require in-person treatment methods and provide essential and non-cyclical healthcare services that are life sustaining with no sufficient alternatives.
- The dialysis industry has grown substantially over the past fifteen years and there are over 786,000 end stage renal disease (ESRD) patients in the United States. The number of dialysis patients is projected to grow 3.1% over 2023, according to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Advancements in healthcare have lowered mortality rates and increased prevalence of renal diseases are projected to drive demand in the dialysis industry for the foreseeable future.
NEW RENOVATION-TO-SUIT DIALYSIS CLINIC WITH STRONG ANNUAL RENT GROWTH
- The property was built-to-renovation in 2022 to the specifications of the majority condominium tenant, US Renal Care, and offers a brand new, top-of-the-line facility to best serve its patients.
- The asset possesses the tenant’s optimal building layout, demonstrating US Renal Care’s commitment to this location on a long-term basis.
- The lease features attractive contractual annual rental escalations during the lease period.
STRATEGIC LOCATION WITHIN HIGH-TRAFFIC CORRIDOR
- The subject Property is in a growing medical corridor surrounded by several blue-chip retailers and a growing residential population.
- Less than two (2) miles from the Logan Regional Hospital, a 148-bed community hospital serving four local counties and less than a mile from the 28,000 students enrolled at the Utah State University.
- The local market maintains favorable dialysis demographics, which has helped the facility develop a large patient base since the site commenced operations and establish a dominant market position long-term.