JLL Agribusiness is pleased to present for sale Mackay Farming Group (the Portfolio), Australia’s largest banana producer supported by strong diversification from further tropical fruit and sugar cane production. The Portfolio encompasses a diversified portfolio of nine distinct landholdings totalling 5,861.05* hectares across the Tully and Lakelands Regions of Far North Queensland.
Key Investment Highlights
- 9 FARMS | Comprises nine premium production assets across two regions within Far North Queensland.
- ~5,861 HECTARES | Total land area of 5,861.05 hectares, of which 4,453.20* hectares is arable.
- ~10,830 MEGALITRES | Benefitted by extensive water licences (8,830Ml*) and a private water supply agreement (2,000Ml*).
- ~500 EMPLOYEES | Highly skilled and experienced management and operational team.
- ~13% OF AUSTRALIA’S BANANA PRODUCTION | Bananas are the portfolios cornerstone produce with Mackay Farming Group accounting for 13%* of production nationally.
- ~1,262 HECTARES PLANTED | A total of 1,167 hectares planted to permanent crops, including bananas, avocados, papayas and lychees, as well as 95* hectares of irrigated sandalwood (leased).
- ~2,407 HECTARES CROPPED | A total of 2,407.90 hectares utilised for irrigated and dryland cropping providing tangible scope for further development of permanent plantings.
- ~1,219 HECTARES GRAZED | A total of 1,219.30 hectares of grazing land, further diversifying the production capabilities of Mackay Farming Group.
Mackay Farming Group is offered for sale by Expression of Interest closing Thursday 12 October 2023 at 3:00PM (AEST). To obtain further information, parties will be required to execute a confidentiality agreement. Please do not hesitate to contact the exclusively appointed agents to discuss further, or to request access to further information.
Chris Holgar - 0411 177 167
Geoff Warriner - 0408 687 880
Clayton Smith - 0428 878 523
Jock Grimshaw - 0488 191 840