Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc. (“JLL”), is pleased to exclusively offer for sale the fee-simple interest in the single-tenant Harbor Freight Tools (the “Property” or “Asset”) located at 93 Washington Heights Drive in Washington, Missouri. The tool and equipment retailer is conveniently situated along Route 100, which is highly trafficked and results in excellent visibility from 21,000+ VPD. The Property is surrounded by some of the most recognizable national and credit tenancy including a Walmart Supercenter and Lowe’s Home Improvement. Additionally, the Asset is approximately one mile down the road from the newly developed Phoenix Center II, featuring a Target, Five Below, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and much more.
Privately owned, Harbor Freight Tools has been in business since 1977 and now operates over 1,400 locations across 48 states that serve over 75 million customers. Harbor Freight continues to deliver an incredible assortment of quality tools to pros and DIYers alike at prices that are up to 80% less than competing brands.
The building totals 23,481 SF across 1.84 acres and features a landlord-favorable double net lease providing limited responsibilities and full operating expense reimbursement. The lease also features 10.0% rental escalations throughout the five, five-year extension options.
This excellent opportunity allows investors the ability to acquire one of the country’s most well-known tools and equipment providers located within Washington’s premier retail corridor. Notably, the Property offers a low initial basis and passive long-term cash flow located in a highly trafficked infill location minutes from downtown Washington.
Located in the Heart of Washington’s Main Retail Corridor
- 1.7 million SF of retail within a one-mile radius
- Situated directly across from a top performing Walmart Supercenter that generates 2+ million visitors annually
- Less than one-mile from a Lowe’s location that ranks in the 89th percentile for state chain visits with 725K in foot traffic every year
- Minutes from Phoenix Shopping Center, consisting of 500,000 SF of retail with over 50 tenants and 16 acres of undeveloped land, totaling 80 acres in all
Low Basis Opportunity
- Attractive basis of $96 PSF, well below replacement cost
- New TPO Membrane roof installed in 2020
Highway Location with Direct Artery Connections
- 21,202+ VPD along Route 100
- 20,128+ VPD along Route 47
- 2-miles Southeast of downtown Washington
- 49-miles West of St. Louis
Rapidly Expanding Tenant with Passive Lease Structure and Attractive Escalations
- Harbor Freight continues its aggressive expansion of two new store openings every week and earning $6.75+ billion in annual revenues
- NN lease results in minimal LL responsibilities limited to capital expenditures, fire and irrigation system repairs and roof/structural repairs, with taxes, insurance, and CAM passed through to the tenant
- 10% increases in options provides an effective hedge against inflation